Roadside adjustments

There was some riding to be a little while ago. For the most part, with the weird weather patterns we’re having right now, there is still riding to be had daily. Alas, I had ridden the Vespa up to Santa Rosa where my buddy lives. We took off on a little spin around town when he started having trouble. A roadside repair was in order.

As it turns out, the top of the carburetor came off. All the screws had backed out and the spring and slide were loose. It makes for some exciting downhills when the carb doesn’t close.

After some time tinkering with it, and some fun with the stock, original tool kit from my scooter, we got back on the road again only to have another failure later. This problem appears to be electrical and has not been sorted yet.  :-(








Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>