I have some interesting ideas. One of them involves some simple but time consuming shapes. I spent an afternoon or two in the garage the other day putting together a sample. We’ll see how it comes out after it’s been powder coated.
And no, the blender is not finished. I ran into a snag and haven’t addressed it yet.
And now, it’s back from the powder coater and filled with flowers.
After a little bit of work and a lot of time, the two yard projects finally came together. Well, truthfully, there’s four projects in this picture, but the two I’m referring to are the chairs and the fire pit.
The final fitting of the propane burner wasn’t too difficult. A little bit of tweaking and it should be good to go for a long time- or until the propane runs out.
We had the steel chairs powder coated. They are now “Harley Orange” with a clear metal flake finish. Originally we were going to have the seating surfaces done in an antique white, but I think that they’re going to stay this way for a while. We photo-chopped some white-ish surfaces into the pictures and the chairs we less spectacular by the fact that there was less orange. Maybe when we’re a bit less smitten with these things we’ll make the change but for now they contrast very well with the blue Adirondacks we have back there.
Fitting feet to them is next on the list, so we don’t scratch all the coating off the bottom.